Hello. My name is Dane Bozman and I'm a Solution Architect. I've been using technology to provide businesses with technical solutions for over 10 years.
I am a talented and accomplished IT professional with strong skills throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) and a proven track record of success. I'm driven and results-oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills and natural leadership abilities. This strong combination of skills allows me to lead a team of developers through a complex project with amazing results.
My focus has been on delivering highly scalable and maintainable web-based applications. Most of my experience has been with Microsoft ASP.NET. Recently I've gained experience using a variety of other technologies including AngularJS and PHP.
Software DevelopmentMy software development skill set is built around object oriented programming concepts. While the bulk of my programming skills are focused on Microsoft technologies, my greatest skill is to master new languages, platforms, and complex technical concepts quickly.
Concepts and Patterns
- Object Oriented Programming
- Dependency Injection
- Test Driven Devleopment
- MVC and MVVM
- C# and VB
- ASP.NET MVC w/ Razor
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- WCF, WF, Enterprise Library, Unity, and many other frameworks.
Web TechnologiesMy skill set of web technologies is comprised of modern tools to provide the best user experience with the shortest time to market while maintaining the highest possible quality.
- Jasmine Unit Testing
- JQuery UI and numerous other UI controls.
Markup and Design
- Responsive Mobile-First Design
DataScalable business solutions require a foundation of performant, well-structured data, and this skill set allows me to deliver just that.
- Relational Data Modeling and Normalization
- SQL Server T-SQL
- SQL Server Performance Tuning
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Canonical Data Modeling
- Service Orchestration
Soft SkillsUltimately it is my interactions with others that allows me to deliver solutions. Establishing an environment of open communication with both my team and my user base allows me to build trust, form a positive environment, and deliver successfully.
- Excellent Problem Solver
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Communicator
- Works Well Under Pressure
- Natural Leader
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
June 2011 to Present
- Selected by senior management to serve on our SOA Center of Excellence (COE).
- Orchestrated the integration of various web services including third-party applications, .NET, Java, and CICS, to provide users with a unified, responsive, and friendly interface.
- Responsible for quickly and efficiently bringing new developers up to speed on a fast paced, high-stakes project.
- Coordinated work between the various teams to ensure smooth development cycles.
- Established new coding standards, patterns, and cookbooks, for a large team of developers of various backgrounds and experience levels.
September 2002 to December 2011
- Designed, developed, and implemented a customer relationship management solution that increased productivity and accountability in the organization through increased knowledge and end user empowerment.
- Established and enforced team coding standards and change management procedures to ensure the highest quality product.
- Designed and supervised development and implementation of an electronic document routing engine that lowered response time by streamlining business processes.
- Designed and implemented a suite of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) web services for integration with our enterprise work flow and imaging solution.
- Responsible for the training and mentoring of all new team employees, as well as their continued growth.
- Acted as the technical lead on numerous projects of varying complexity.